Advertising. Product design. Signage. All of these things have a certain weight behind them. They set out to communicate something, and someone has spent money on making sure that they do it properly.
Which makes it all the more interesting when, for whatever reason, they don’t succeed at doing that. Here’s 10 examples I’ve documented over the years. As always, you can click for a bigger version.
1. ING loves you. And your home.
2. New opportunities in rodent co-branding
3. See What They Did There
4. Destiny hedges its bets
5. The Internationally Recognised Symbols for the Sins of the Fish
6. Follow These Simple Step By Step Instructions.
7. You’ll Like This – Not A Lot
8. The Mysteries of Good Menu Design
9. Visitors Voted This Review Most Helpful
10. Just Needs A Clearer Call To Action
Note for pedants: Not all of these things are signs, nor do they all match the description I gave at the start. Sorry about that.As some form of compensation, I offer you this closing bracket that you can mentally pair off against an unclosed one you were irritated by elsewhere on the internet).